Journalism and Communications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Creative writing
- Content writing
- Copy editing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Social media marketing
Journalism—Writing, editing, and research (6 years):
- Write high-quality, original news stories, press releases, long- and short-form features, SEO-based web copy, social media copy for marketing, and other content for various professional publications.
- Review, edit, and proofread content for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and consistency errors. Fact-check all claims and trace original sources. Well-versed in AP Style guidelines. Dedicated to quality.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Interview subjects and obtain quality quotes.
- Meticulously detail-oriented. Take extensive notes and conduct thorough research on a variety of topics.
Marketing and communications (2 years):
- Produced original visual content as needed to supplement written work (photo, video, graphics). Edited and designed content using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Created, managed, and executed email and social media marketing campaigns. Maintained websites. Streamlined organizational processes by designing new content and data management methods.
- Content Writer/Editor, Freelance, Portland, OR/San Diego, CA (2014–Present)
- Administrative Coordinator, Steven Engineering, Portland, OR (2017–Present)
- Multimedia Marketing Director, Portland Kettle Works, Portland, OR (2016)
- Content Writer, Upsource, Vancouver, WA (2015)
- Staff Writer, The Daily Aztec, San Diego, CA (2012–2014)
- Portland Guadalajara Sister City Association, Portland, OR: Marketing and social media (2015–2017)
- Air Group One—CAF San Diego, San Diego, CA: Social media and volunteer work (2014–2016)
- San Diego State University, San Diego, CA: Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (Minor: Sociology)
- Grossmont College, San Diego, CA: Associate of Science, Culinary Arts